The Contact Center Conflict: Remote Work vs. Return to the Office
Contact centers have successfully shifted to remote work. But the future for returning to the office remains unclear and fraught with conflict.
The Playvox team conducted research to understand the impact remote work has had on contact centers. The results highlight the large gap between agents who want to remain remote and managers who are planning a return to the office.
In this report we answer the big questions:
- How have contact centers found success as they implemented work from home?
- As agents moved to a work from home model, has it been a positive experience?
- For those who have had a less-than-favorable experience, what can we learn as we continue to enable remote and hybrid work scenarios?
- How have managers adapted their leadership styles to accommodate remote work?
We also bring to light:
- Breakdown of contact centers using hybrid, all remote, or all in-office work models
- How many contact centers are using a hybrid, all remote, or all in-office work model
- Agent and manager satisfaction levels with remote work
- The impact of remote work on hiring
- Suggested best practices for implementing remote work successfully