Last updated January 2023
This policy does not address the information practices associated with our website. To learn more about our website privacy practices, please visit https://www.playvox.com/privacy-policy/
- PERSONAL INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH PLAYVOX PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION USES
- PERSONAL INFORMATION INTEGRATIONS & DISCLOSURES
- PRIVACY CHOICES
- U.S. STATE-SPECIFIC NOTICE
- UK/EEA RESIDENTS NOTICE
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- CONTACT US
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH PLAYVOX PRODUCTS & SERVICES
When our business customers (“Customers”) use our Services, they may enable Playvox to process various types of personal information. Below, we provide a list of the commonly processed personal information associated with our products. Please note, the below list is not exhaustive of all personal information, and is intended to serve as a sample set.
- Employee contact information: Many of our products improve workforce management, which requires employers to upload the personal information associated with their employees. This may include names, titles, corporate email addresses, phone numbers and other identifying information.
- Employee behavioral information: In order to improve workplace performance, our Customers track numerous behavioral statistics that may be associated with an individual, including the time spent and behaviors when using an application such as a call management tool, messaging statistics, and historical performance information.
Information collected through Playvox’s software as a service related to our Customers: In order to serve our Customers, Playvox will collect various information through our software and customer support channels, including;
- Corporate email addresses for email correspondence;
- Chat correspondence, which may include any personal information provided during a chat session;
- Billing and administrative finance information;
- Information about how our Customers use our software products and services, including time spent on our applications, behavioral activity, and metadata associated with software interactions.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION USES
Subject to the terms of our client agreements, in addition to supporting our Customers use of our products and services, we may use personal information for the following purposes;
- Customer support, including email and chat;
- To authenticate, verify or otherwise ensure compliance with Customer written instructions or to mitigate the risk of fraud;
- Aggregated or anonymous information about the various types of information, integrations, metadata and performance metrics to ensure our products and services are serving their intended purposes and for product improvements;
- For any legal purpose necessary, including IP protection, or if Playvox is required to process information as a result of a court order or other legal or regulatory proceeding.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION INTEGRATIONS & DISCLOSURES
Our products and services provide Customers with the ability to synchronize certain external software or data applications with Playvox, which may include the transfer of personal information. Some of these integration applications may be found on our partners page Some of the types of applications are;
- Customer Support
- Customer Relationship Management
- Call Centers
- Email Service Providers
Subject to client agreements, we may disclose Customers information in order to;
- Protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates;
- Protect the safety and security of those who access and use our Services;
- Detect and protect against fraud;
- Comply with law or legal process;
- Complete a legal transaction related to the sale of our business or any assets.
Playvox may share aggregate or anonymous information for any purpose. This means that the information we share does not identify specific individuals, or is combined with other data to protect your privacy.
4. PRIVACY CHOICES
If you are a current or former employee of one of our Customers, or believe your information was uploaded to Playvox by one of our Customers, and you would like to fulfill your rights to the personal information we maintain about you on behalf of our Customer, please contact a representative of that Customer rather than email us with your request. We can not provide personal information about a specific individual on behalf of a Customer without their express written instructions.
Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. It is important that you take steps to keep your information safe and secure. Choose an account password that is hard for others to guess and don’t reveal it to third parties. If you use a shared public computer, do not opt to have your login ID or password remembered and be sure to log out of your account when you finish.
We will retain Customer personal information according to the terms of our written agreements.
7. U.S. STATE-SPECIFIC NOTICE
Some U.S. states have enacted comprehensive privacy laws. The California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act or “CPRA” (collectively, the “CCPA”) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) create additional privacy obligations for businesses and provide Californians and Virginians with additional privacy rights.
Service Provider/Processor Designation:
Under the CCPA, Playvox operates as a ‘Service Provider’ on behalf of its business customers, and as a result does not ‘sell’ or ‘share’ any personal information of Playvox Customers.
Under the VCDPA, Playvox operates as a ‘Processor’ on behalf of our Customers.
8. UK/EEA RESIDENTS NOTICE
Under the GDPR, we process Personal Data under the following legal basis.
|Processing Activity||Legal Basis under GDPR|
|Collection and Processing of Customer or Customer Personal Data to maintain and fulfill the Services||Contract Fulfillment|
|Improving our Services||Legitimate Interest|
|Product or Service-Related Communications to Customers||Legitimate Interest|
Under the GDPR, we are designated as a “Controller” for the collection and use of our Customers’ administrative representatives personal data to maintain their account and fulfill the Services. For all other uses of our Customers personal data, we are designated as a ‘Processor’. A list of our subprocessors is available to our enterprise customers on-demand.
Cross-Border Data Transfers:
If you are located in the EEA, we will only transfer your Personal Data if:
- The country to which the Personal Data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision; or
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example we have entered into standard contractual clauses and required additional safeguards with the recipient, or the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules approved by an EU supervisory authority.
For more information on cross-border transfers of Your Personal Data or the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see our Privacy Shield Framework page for more information
Additional Rights for UK or European Economic Area Residents:
In addition to the rights granted above, if you are a UK or EEA resident, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you the right to lodge a complaint against us with your local data protection authority. You can find your data protection authority at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you are a Playvox Customer and would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or at:
Playvox Privacy Office
Attn: Privacy Office
530 Lawrence Expy #905